Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First major DP

The first downpayment we made was with the church. It was just a couple of thousand pesos. Minor.

On Saturday, together with our friend Daday, we let go of a big chunk of our savings to pay Gazebo Royale. Major.

Masakit sa bulsa. But we had to do it. Otherwise, the venue we want may be offered for another function.




Contract signing with Ms. Evelyn of Gazebo Royale


Choosing the venue was also a major factor in our preps. Now that the date has been blocked, we can think of others things already. With ten months to go, I really realy really need to start talking to our prospective suppliers. Must. Breathe. Still. Hayyyy...Or maybe I should wait until the Wedding Expo in NBC Tent on 3-4 September?

------------------------------

Mom and I were talking about hiring a coordinator (even just an On-the-day coord or OTD [ayan Mitch, nilagay ko na din ibig sabihin...]) before the Pamanhikan. After that weekend however, Mom started to sing another tune, which made sense, I think. In the salon, I have one supervisor and 6 staff members while in the resto, I also have enough manpower. Why not utilize them instead, ask for their help, and assign responsibilities on the day of the wedding with Ms. C, the supervisor, on the top of everything? Oh well, I'm still thinking about it, maybe I'll decide much later on.

-----------------------------

It was posted in w@w last week that there will be a grand food tasting hosted by Hizon's sometime in October. I got interested, since Hizon's is an accredited caterer in Gazebo and told Ane about it. Hizon's is actually at the top of our caterer shortlist together with Tamayo's and Manila Catering. I inquired in one of the numbers posted, and immediately received a call from Ms. Marian. That was fast. Ane and I were a bit apprehensive about waiting for October (even for the Wedding Expo) before we decide on our caterer because we heard that Hizon's will increase prices by September. Much to my delight, we need not wait for the grand food tasting nor the expo before we could decide because Ms. Marian texted me yesterday saying that we could try their food this coming Saturday. Yey! Ane and I are still undecided but there's a big possibility that we will go. Even if we haven't chosen the package we might get, Ms. Marian said it is okay. Excited, yiheee!

----------------------

Also this Saturday, the W@W Grand EB is happening. Sadly we are not attending because we are also needed at the Baddicts! Weekly EB. It would have been nice to finally meet fellow-w@wies. Maybe next time. I'm sure there will be a next time. :)



1 comment:

donna_chocnut said...

kakatuwa kayo tin! parang contract signing ng mga artista ah. hehe =)