Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Pre- Wedding Preps Update 3 kwento

I should have been blogging about the preps but I've been procastinating...not because I wanted to have a "news-blockage" or something. It's because there are too many things in my mind right now. Now, this blog says "9 mos and 3 weeks until we exchange I do's", and there are a lot of cross-out already at the sidebad list. Just that makes me wanna update and write details.

Anyway, as of today, the only thing missing in our list of major vendors/suppliers are the ones for: the flowers, make-up, entertainment and invites. We haven't met with possible suppliers of these because we both think we shouldn't hurry yet (except for the HMUA [hair and make-up artist] prospects, which I should start booking for THMU [trial hair and make-up] before the end of October, and before we go on a holiday.

Eddie Bruan is number one in my list. Not only did he make a perfect job on my bestfriend two years ago, he also advertise that he use my and my mom's choice of make-up. And his rates are reasonable too.

We have a florist in mind but she could be very expensive for us. We will be scouting in Dangwa late this year, probably. Three shops are already being considered. Our flowers will be simple since I just love the white ones, like roses and carnations and tulips.

For the invites, we gave up the idea of choosing the ones with pockets and inserts against the plain ones which look elegant just the same. Our dream invites cost at a range of p120 to p150 per set. Now considering our number of guests, that amount for an invite would be quite expensive, eh?

For the entertainment, Ysidro's performers will most likely take care of it at the reception. As for the church, we might request the seminarians to be our choir.

Showing my staff and our friends that this is how far I've gone with the preps (with a lot of time left), they can't help but exclaim, "Grabe, you are so organized! Ang dami mo na nagawa!" To which I smile and reply, "the real work is about to happen pa lang." Which is true since there's still a lot of contract signing to do, meetings to set, compromises to make. I'm setting myself ready when January comes , we'll probably be too busy. I'm not even sure if I'll be in the country to finalize all details. Sigh.

No comments: