Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Wedding Preps Update 2

Oh well, after the sudden rush of initial excitement with equivalent angst that went with it...after the preparations were put on hold...whew...

I can now freely talk about the wedding. It's quite obvious with the new layout, eh? Hihihihi...

The Pamamanhikan happened as scheduled on August 14, lunchtime. More on that later.

It was agreed upon that the wedding be postponed to a later date. It was initially set to happen on 25 March 2006. But since my side wished that my sister and her family be here on the wedding day, we tentatively scheduled it on 01 or 08 July 2006. We didn't want a later date because it could be the height of the rainy season by then.

On Monday, I made a couple of calls and was told that both the church and the reception venue we wanted are available on 01 July 2006. Of course I was ecstatic! The second choice, 08, is a good number but 01 is our monthsary. Ane and I naturally chose the first of July.

I went first to Gazebo Royale. They told me that our pencil booking was cancelled because we did not return to pay the downpayment. That meant forfeiting the money we paid (which will be my burden since I was the one who insisted on paying the blocking fee, huhu). I had no choice but to pay another blocking fee and then return before August 22 to pay the downpayment.

Next stop was the church, Our Lady of Consolation Parish. I sighed with relief when the manang lady moved our date at no extra cost. If she asked me to pay again, then that would be another cost for ME. Hehehe.

So what's next? I created a to-do list on the side bar. And definitely there are still a few cross-outs! It's just the beginning, and I don't know what to feel. Let me know if I missed out on anything, however complete the list seem to be (at least for me).

'Til next!

2 comments:

Silent.Hollo said...

Tin, may check list ang wedding primer na pinahiram ko sa yo.. laking tulong nun :D

Kaje said...

mae,

dun sa bagong mag ng w@w ko nakuha yung list ko :) sa wedding essentials :) pero may mga tips din ak nakuha dun sa primer na heram ko sa yo :)

tin