Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Our Save-the-date Magnets

So this is the design that was voted the best among my layouts. I'm a newbie at layouting ... it was such a relief that my friends were actually able to choose at least one design, haha. And then I had the magnets printed by Made4U . They rushed the printing so we could get the magnets before Christmas. (Feeling ko naman kase matatapos ko ang packaging ng lahat lahat bago matapos ang taon duh, ako pa! Syempre pa hindi ko natapos agad hay).

Once I had the magnets on hand, I bought the packaging materials for mock-up from National Bookstore and SM. And when the outcome was already acceptable, I bought all materials right away (but did not start with the actual DIY project immediately hehehe...) I used handmade paper, glossy cardboard, cream-colored ribbons, translucent paper for the tags, eyelets, some glue and some thin double-sided tapes. Tadah!

So there. We spent P20 for each magnet and less than P5 for the packaging materials. DIY-ing rocks!! Can I just say I had a lot of help from our resto guard (for cutting the handmade paper to the desired size), my cousins for cutting, and from Ane and Gian (attaching the eyelets needs a lot of energy hehehe)...

No comments: