Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The signs I missed

I've always been the mausisa type and he the one who always slips his secrets. I ask questions that would make words come out of his mouth. The RING for instance. He slipped and told me he had it already. And so I was really proud of him when he proposed and pulled it off really well. I was really surprised when he told me later on the he prepared for the proposal day for at least three weeks.

I was so surprised I actually missed the signs.

One. Like him not insisting to buy a gift for Matthew. He doesn't like giving cash gifts to kids.
Two. His frequent texting with Gilda - his conspirator. And his erasing his messages right away saying that his unit has slowed down because of too much messages.
Three. That he insisted on canvassing for a new mobile phone unit at the manila mall when we are always at greenhills every saturday. Later I found out that Gilda wasn't done yet with the set-up that he decided to stall a little.
Four. He told me to bring the camera (when I'm the one who would usually insist on bringing it), although he forgot to ask me to charge the battery, geesh.
Five. That Gilda had an extra hanky for blindfolding and the fact that in other parties they don't let the players be blindfolded in games like banana eating unless there is a partner, right?
Six. That I actually won the contest when my teeth and gums really hurt.
Seven. That I did not get it right away when I saw the words "Hunny, you are the key to my heart" and "for better or for worse". The letters were all jumbled up.
Eight. That some of the McDO crew stayed to watch the party even if it was time for them to go home. (apparently, they were soooo kilig to find out that someone was proposing that night which was something new to them)
Nine.The song playing in the background while I was looking at the "jumbled" letters was actually a marriage proposal song. Below, the lyrics of such song which I transcribed (I couldn't find in the net the correct lyrics, let me know if I got it wrong. We also don't know who composed it)

JOURNEY FOR TWO
Unknown

Verse 1
So many years, been searching for the one
Then one day I found you
Now that you're here, my life has finally begun
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Who'd have ever thought that we would meet each other
We were oceans apart
Guess it's fate and destiny that brought us together
And put my heart next to your heart, oh

Verse 2
Out of the blue, you were sent from up above
Bringing sunshine into my life
Right then I knew, I found my one true love
Oh yeah, oh yeah
You know it's not hard to see that the love I have for you
Will never go away (never go away)
So I'm now down on my knee all I wanna do
Is to say the one thing I've been wanting to say

Chorus
Will you marry me, my HUNNY TIN?
Take a lifetime journey for two
Say you'll marry me, oh HUNNY please
Cos I wanna spend my days growing older with you

Bridge
They say that marriage is a long-distance race
Will you run with me across the finish line
I swear I'll cherish you for the rest of my days
If you'll let me be with you and be forever mine

Final Chorus
Will you marry me, my HUNNY TIN?
Take a lifetime journey for two
Say you'll marry me, oh HUNNY please

You know I just can't live my life if I don't have you
Marry me, my HUNNY TIN
You know my heart will always be true
Say you'll marry me, oh HUNNY please
Cos I wanna spend my days growing older with you

See? There were so many signs! And I missed it all!!! Sometimes, it feels good to be dense. :)

7 comments:

dadaydamakulay said...

nothing beats the "I finally found someone" duet i heard you both sing in the car. Galing yata tayo nun sa wedding nina bert. it really suits you.

Kaje said...

they played that song too!!! pati yung grow old with you..then i forgot to mention that the choir sang "ikaw" and "sa 'yo lamang" as well :)

mikaela said...

siyet!!!!


hahahahaha! =)

Kaje said...

o cno nagsabing hindi ako sweet? bwahahahahaha...la lang :)

Kaje said...

ay ako un hehehe - bads

rors said...

congrats po, tin and badong! :) nice blog din ha. cool idea. :)

Silent.Hollo said...

isa pa isa pa...

WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :))

yuff tin. i can't stop smiling pa din! hahahaha!!!! =))